The State Emergency Operations Center has notified WI Department of Health Services that an extremely limited supply of personal protective equipment (PPE) will be arriving soon in Wisconsin, including N95 respirators, surgical masks, face shields, gowns, coveralls, and gloves. The State Emergency Operations Center will use a Scarce Resource Decision Tree to determine how PPE is allocated.
The following groups are eligible to apply to receive PPE resources from the SNS supply:
- Long term care facilities
- In-home personal care agencies
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS)
Requesting facilities/agencies must meet all of the following criteria to order from the Strategic National Stockpile (SNS):
- Facility supply is depleted or will be in one week
- Shortage/depletion is impacting ability to ensure patient care and/or worker safety
- Facility has exhausted attempts to secure PPE from other sources
- Facility has consistently implemented CDC strategies to optimize use of N95 respirators
Please use this link to order PPE from the SNS. THIS ORDER NEEDS TO BE COMPLETED BY 9:00 A.M. THURSDAY 3/26. https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5518622/Patient-Care-Provider-SNS-PPE-Request-2
PLEASE NOTE: These items are past their manufacturer-designated shelf life and may not be used in surgical settings.
Hospitals must complete the COVID-19 Essential Elements of Information daily in EMResource in order to be eligible.